Honey Bee NUC Reservations for 2022
2022 NUC Reservation Information:
Update 5/6: Pickup information emailed to Missoula/Stevensville and Bozeman/Butte folks. If you do not see it, please check JUNK MAIL. Text Ruben at 509-270-5803 for information.
Current scheduled pickup locations/days:
- Missoula: May 6th
- Bozeman/Butte: May 7th
We are no longer taking new reservations for 2022 nucs. However, please sign up for our waitlist —> CLICK HERE<—- and we will reach out as we get closer to delivery date if more are available.
5 frame Nucs are coming in 2022! These are high-quality starter bee colonies ready to grow and are the best option for a successful season.
Nucs will consist of 3 frames of all stages of brood and fourth and fifth frame with honey, pollen, and bees. No introduction of a queen is required since she is already laying eggs and has capped brood.
- These nucs have more bees than a package (providing bees up to 6 weeks ahead) resulting in a higher success rate and more potential.
- Every nuc is evaluated to ensure our high quality standards are met.
- The combs you will be getting have never been exposed to antibiotics. Mite treatments only when necessary
- Queens will be grafted from our stock (mostly old-world WSU and Glenn background genetics). We select for honey production, gentleness, disease resistance, and low swarm tendency.
- Italian or Carniolan available.
- Bees survive well in our dry summers and cold winters.
- Queens are never banked but are born into the nuc and evaluated after mating. Queens will be allowed to lay 3 weeks or better and all of her brood will be evaluated. She will need to have 3+ frames of excellent brood pattern to pass our standard.
- Nucs are less likely to supersede their queen compared to a 3lb bee package. She is already a proven functioning part of the new hive.
- Nucs build up bee populations faster increasing your chances of a bigger honey crop!
- All customers are welcome to check nucs before purchase.
- Nucs come in a non-returnable box.
Note: These are 9″ DEEP (9.5/8 box) nucs
Cost: $170 with Cardboard box Deposit required for reservations of 5 nucs or more (Please contact us for deposit information)
Available Mid April/early May
FREE delivery to Wenatchee, Bozeman, Butte, and Missoula mid-to-end of April/early May.
Due to rising equipment and staffing costs, nucs are $170 Payment due at pickup. We accept cash, money order, or cashier’s check.
Estimated current scheduled pickup locations/days:
(dates may update as the season dictates)
- Wenatchee: ~April 16th
- Spokane: ~April 22rd & 23rd
- Missoula: ~May 6th
- Bozeman/Butte: ~May 7th
Due to time constraints and the sensitive nature of bee orders, we ask any cancellations be made no later than 21 days PRIOR to nuc pickup date. This allows us time and opportunity to work with those on the wait list to show up at the appropriate locations.
NO SHOW POLICY
Those who do not respect our cancellation policy and no show at time of pickup will be refrained from reserving nucs from us in the future. Beekeeping is a respectable craft requiring attention, dedication, and respect to the others who want to succeed in this field.
Locations We Deliver:
We have Honey bee Nuc deliveries scheduled for Washington and Montana.